Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Princess Diary: Part Three – The Great Day (27/012012) - The Aftermath


The Aftermath

Back in the staffroom, the jacket comes off, the heels get kicked somewhere under the desk, and feet go up on a chair. Gen is taking pictures on her mobile (most of the photos here are hers, thanks Gen). Duncan, Russell and I are going over the morning, and scrounging any of the cakes and nibbles left by the VIPs and the kids. Russell reckons he saw one teenager shovel several platefuls of cake into his schoolbag.

Noi (cleaner), Nuainee, Me, Duncan and Gift


Kids in Reception

Me, Noi and Gen

Me, Gift and my student Tonkok

Gift models the Goldilocks Mask

Russell, Gift and, err Guy maybe?

 
Duncan goes home. After a bit of desultory tidying up, I catch myself starting to nod off at my desk, and realize if I don’t leave now, I’ll never make it down to Siam Square to meet Steve and Louise (on holiday from HCMC) for lunch.

Quick pitstop at home to ditch the tights and heels in favour of jeans and flipflops is followed by a lovely afternoon catching up with all the Vietnam gossip. Thanks guys. Wish I could have spent longer with you at the Jim Thompson House. Then back up to CW with another Louise (a senior teacher from head office) for the evening do – a cheesy but entertaining affair of scripted interviews, games and quizzes.

Johnny and Russell Interviewed

Me and Louise at the evening do.
 I’ve missed the news by the time I get home, so it takes me until Sunday evening to find it on YouTube (there are actually about six reports from different channels, all slightly different, but only one on YouTube as far as I know).

I email Russell the link. A couple of hours later, I get a reply. ‘You TOTAL star!!!!’

No comments: