Saturday, January 15, 2011

Odds and Ends Cluttering My Head

  • My TA tonight (quite genuinely) admired my shaggy mop (must get it cut soon) with the words, ‘Hmm, maybe when I am your age I’ll have my hair something like that!’ Don’t think she really understood the strange hysterical edge to my laughter….

  • The building site opposite my apartment block has sprouted a circular double wall of tall metal poles and pilings rather reminiscent (in the dark at least) of an early Norman Motte and Bailey castle.

  • Why does the flag counter at the bottom of this page bear little or no resemblance to the visitor stats provided by Blogger? Where is the Venezuelan flag Blogger indicates I should have? And why has the Australian one disappeared after just two days and been replaced by a French tricolour?

  • In case any of you care – Vietnam is currently clamping down on Facebook again (not to mention the BBC so I can’t look at The Archers website). Even at work FB is more difficult to access, so I’m limited to old-fashioned email and Skype for contact with the outside world. Going slightly Cyber Stir Crazy.

No comments: