Thursday, December 9, 2010

A little touch of homesickness, courtesy of The Archers

As some of you who know me well may know, I am a bit of an Archers addict. Having had a rather un-agricultural country upbringing, The Archers is my little bit of ‘vicarious country life,’ as someone described it on another podcast the other day. It is, after all, set somewhere around the Worcestershire-Warwickshire border where I grew up. In fact, I have a theory that drive too fast down certain lanes near mum and dad’s and you’ll be sucked through a rip in space and time and find yourself having a torrid affair with Eddie Grundy.

Anyway, wallowing my way through two episodes of the Omnibus edition this morning I was overtaken by the need to take a look at the website, and lo… nostalgia for home hits me in the form of the background picture. Correct me if I’m wrong (I’m not), but it’s the very familiar view down the valley from the crossroads between Saintbury and the Dormy, with Meon Hill in the far distance.

The Archers (BBC website) 

No comments: